Sunday 7 March 2010

It's the Final Countdown

This weekend my wife and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary. It was great fun.  We saw Alice in Wonderland.  The movie was good.  It wasn't what I expected at all.  I thought it would be essentially Alice in wonderland, the animated film, made into live action.  I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not.  My wife and I are usually pretty good at figuring out the plot twist before they come.  My little sister as surprised I was able to figure out the final events at mount mordor in the lord of the ring films without having read the books.  I was sure I had figured out some of the twists in Alice, only to find out I was wrong.  I enjoy being stumped like that.  I don't know if Laura had it figured out or not but I know I was surprised.

In a little over a day now I will be alone for seven weeks.  Laura is flying back home to Scotland to attend to several different things.  I have never been alone, especially for that long.  I got married to my lovely wife before I went to college.  I have always had family with me.  This is going to be a new experience for sure.  Fortunately I will have school keeping me busy so I don't think I will notice too much my being all on my own.  Of course when I cook dinner for Laura and I, I usually make way too much for the two of us.  I don't think that will change when I cook for myself.  I think there may still be leftovers when Laura gets home.

A sad as it is being separated from my best friend I really am excited for Laura.  She is going to have so much fun.  When ever we have gone together she never catches up with any of her friends, afraid that I'll feel left out or something (Really sweet of her but she need not worry about me). So this time she will have time to catch up with her friends and she will get to see her family and attend a wedding.

On the flip side of things Laura may regret going away for so long as when she gets back she may find I got us a dog...

1 comments:

Laura said...

Aaaw Stuee. I thought your prediction to the ending was a good one but I felt like you were wrong. It was still a good try. ;)

I know you'll be ok. I just know how I'd feel if you left me for 7 weeks and it wouldn't be good feelings. You'll be ok though. It's a first for both of us and we'll learn. I'm looking forward to coming home to you already.

What kind of puppy are we getting?