Wednesday 17 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 9

Finished my finals and now I have to face all the free time I will have.  Fortunately I am with my family for a few days.  Hopefully I get the chance to hang out with some old friends up here.

As I flew home there was an empty seat between myself and a fellow passenger.  Reminded me of who should have had that seat.  Another first.  not one that I really want to have but a first all the same flying without my other half for the first time in 6 years.  It was a nice quick flight.  In fact it was one Laura made last week.  During the first leg anyways she flew up to Seattle and from there out of country.

I saw a lot of families.  Young ones too.  Never seems to be an end of reminders of what you don't have with you.

It was crazy the chaos of southwest's boarding procedures.  You wouldn't think get on find a seat and sit would be so difficult but it is.  That and people bringing carry on luggage that is really too big.  By about half a foot, then they complain there is no room in the over head bins.

I;m glad to be in Seattle that is for sure.  Nothing like having family near by.

0 comments: