Monday 15 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 7

I am burned out on the finals thing.  I don't think I study any more.  My brain is full and my better half is not here to soothe my aching head.

I need a vacation for sure.  I keeping thinking of things I would like to do with Laura, only to remember she is not here.  Odd how one can simply forget something like that.  I'm so used to having her near by, within a whisper distance most of the time.

Spring break will be here soon enough for that I am grateful.  I need it.

I think project appreciate is complete. I've run out of stuff for it.  I keep scouring the back of my mind for something more but I have run dry it seems.  I need a new project.  I have something cooking in the back of my mind.

Staying focused has become a problem for me.  I'm a bit tired of school.  I have been going at it for seven years now straight.  That of course is not counting my time in elementary school and such.  I need a long break, which sadly I cannot take just now.  I look forward to a long break though.

So Christmas time last year my wife and I went back to Scotland.  While we were there some practical jokesters decided it would be funny to plant flower bulbs in some friends lawn.  It happens to be in a heart shape .  Today my wife went up to see the flowers, I guess they are annuals.  At least I assume she went to go see them as she said she was going up to Edzel to see the flowers.  That is what came to mind anyway.

So last night as I was trying to get to sleep I realized I was having some troubles falling asleep.  Being Sunday I typically reserve that day for not watching TV.  As I lay there I realized why I was having troubles getting to sleep.  I normally have a good chat with Laura as we lie in bed and she wasn't there.  I didn't realize I would have this problem cause the past couple of nights I feel asleep while watching the TV.  Odd how it happens.  Really when you think about it I spent 20 years going to sleep without chatting to anyone before hand.  Six years of marriage later and that is completely different.  I;d have thought it no big deal going back to the chatter-less nights. Guess I was wrong.

Next time Laura if you are going to leave me again you need to leave a recording I can fall asleep to okay?

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

wait.. you didn't get your laura cassette tape for only $2.95??? i sure did!!!