Friday 19 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 11

Today was filled with a  hike.  I went with my dad up to Wallace falls.  It is a nice hike, long and up.  Lots of up. It took us a good three hours to get up and down.

I have found exercise is great for passing the time while the other half is gone.  It kills time, gives me time to think about things, and the endorphins running around my body make me feel better.  A side benefit is by the time Laura gets back hopefully I will have lost the slight keg I was putting on.  I'm not trying for a six pack but the belly flab can go.

Meals were made super easy today with all the left overs from yesterday.  Having gone out twice gives plenty of food.

I'm looking again for another thing I can work on for Laura while she is gone.  I already have two I am working on, small but big things, and I'm sure I'll eventually need the third one.  I've run out of names for the projects so.  I may come up with one when i am less sleepy.

I missed having my wife to chat with.  I didn't get to say hello or anything.  I won't until she gets back to Montrose Sunday evening.  We use gmail to chat, mostly texts to my cell phone.  Nothing of the sort today as she is not near a computer.  I miss my friend.

One thing I try to do every day that helps me get through is writing Laura and email.  It give me a chance to share my thoughts and feeling with her and that surprisingly takes care of most of the separation ache.  Well I'm off to write that email I mentioned.  Laura will be expecting one after she reads this post.

1 comments:

Laura said...

You survived!