Saturday 20 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 12

Today was an easy day.  After yesterday's hike my legs needed it.  The calves were still burning.  I've attached some pictures of the falls.  I love the hike and I like getting out doors for fresh air and exercise.  My dad was up for another hike today but instead we played settlers of catan.  I love that game.  Laura and I found a site online where you can play it for free.  We used to play it almost every sunday.  We haven't done that in a while.  I hope we start that mini tradition up again while she is away.

Dad and I played a few games of golf on the wii.  We both play as Tiger, of course, seeing as that is how about our skill level out on the real grass.  Golf really is fun, when you are playing it, the strategy involved and such is a blast.  My dad and I are pretty evenly matched too.  We usually don't win/lose to the other by too many points.

Today I was going to write Laura a bit of a poem.  I wanted it to have a different tone from the others I have written her lately.  I was thinking of her and I wanted to see a picture of her and realized I don't really have any pictures of my own of my wife.  It is something that will needed to be rectified.  Hopefully Laura will send some to me soon.  I looked at some of her pictures on facebook but I still want to have more in my wallet.  I don't know why we haven't gotten around to do that.  I have more pictures of my lovely wife on the computer at home just none with me.

So far this weekend has been harder than the few days prior to my trip.  I haven't had the chance to chat with Laura at all.  She has been away from a computer.  Tomorrow though I think I may get a chance to talk with her some.  I'm hoping that will be the case.

It has been a nice relaxing day.  I'm amazed that almost 2 weeks have passed.  12 days down 37 to go.  Little over a month to go.

As promised some pictures from the hike.



2 comments:

Hilary said...

I miss the Northwest! What beautiful pictures! And you are doing great surviving Laura's absence. Keep on truckin.

Laura said...

I thought you had a picture of me in your wallet?

Those pictures you took are beeeeautiful.