Sunday 21 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 13

Today was the last day of communication isolation between my wife and I thank goodness.  We were only able to pretty much say hello and goodnight but it was a much needed and much appreciated.

Church was interesting today being back in my home ward with people I grew up with and church leaders.  Especially when my better half is not with me.  It was better than I thought it would be.  I was worried about it being awkward and it wasn't too bad at all.  Usually Laura's back keeps us from staying the whole time, pews were not ergonomically made or made with back injuries in mind.  Today I made it through all 3 hours.  First time in a long time.  Also I am on track with my scripture reading.  I have made it through Deuteronomy and am into The book of Joshua.

My wife was in Irvine this weekend where she spent a good portion of her youth.  I really look forward to her showing me her old haunts someday.

Today I was able to spend time with some dear friends of mine.  I have been friends with him for as long as I can remember and he and his wife have a great couple of kids with a third on the way.  They are just like family and I love spending time with them.  We used to live close to one another where we went to college in Idaho.  We spent quite a bit of time together.  They practically lived with us for about a week or so while they settled in.  It was good to reconnect with them again.

Good friends definitely help easy missing of my best friend.  13 days down 36 more to go.

1 comments:

Laura said...

It was nice to at least say hello and I'm really glad you got to see Scott and Aileen.