Thursday 25 March 2010

Survivor's guide: day 17

So today was a hard day.  I think more so on my wife.

She was finishing up a paper for school.  I didn't get to chat with her much which is fine, she needed to get that school work done.  I read over her paper to help her out.  It was as after Laura told me she was heading up stairs to video chat with me things did not go well.  She placed the video call and then I saw her walking around a bit then I was left to watch an empty room for about fifteen minutes.  When Laura finally came back she looked miserable and in terrible pain.  She left again for a long while, then my mother-in-law came on told me Laura was away to take a bath and that she was going to be okay.  My mother-in-law said she'd make sure Laura would call a doc and visit.  When Laura came back we were able to say goodnight and that was it.  She told me not to worry, of course we both were worried.  Though we both pretended not to be.

So Laura goes to bed, worried about me worrying and about herself, and I am left to wonder how my wife is.  I really wish I was there to help her.  Wish I could give her a nice big boasie to make her feel better.

To help me not worry I've been cleaning what ever I can.  I wrote her a nice e-mail too.  Laura get better, that is an order.  I think it is the first one I have ever given you.  FYI this is what hell is.

17 days down, 32 to go.

2 comments:

Laura said...

:( I'm sorry about that. It was the worst timing imaginable with you on webcam. I felt cruel knowing you were sitting waiting and witnessing it.

Stuart said...

Don't worry about it. At least I could be "there" for you when it was happening.