Monday 26 April 2010

Survivor's guide: day 49

It is the final count down.  In two hours Laura's journey begins.  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am.  I'm frantically trying to get all the little house cleaning things down, put finishing touches on my projects for Laura, and school work.  Laura woke up at 3am, or at least she was trying to, to get to the airport with the 2 hour buffer they want for international travel.

I don't think I will be able to actually focus on my school work for the rest of the week.  Heck it may even be the rest of the term that I won't be able to properly focus on my school work.  I'm having troubles as it is.  I already have my route planned out to avoid traffic and I am toying with the idea of leaving class a little early as to prevent Laura from having to sit in the airport for an hour and a half.  My mind is racing as is my heart.  Goodness me.  It has been a very long time.

I got in touch with a friend of mine recently, she said the longest she had been apart from her husband was two weeks and that it was horrible.  I can imagine.  I figure it sucks just as much two weeks or two months.  Two weeks might even be harder cause the pain never dulls.  At least I had the time to shut out the ache, at least manage it.  I hope she never has to be away from her husband again.  I hope I never have to be away from Laura again.

So tomorrow I will reveal my big projects I did for Laura.  They were fun and some will carry over I am sure.  I need to get back to studying and clean up.  Nervous energy so lends itself better to physical work.

49 days down.  Survived it.

0 comments: