Friday 16 April 2010

Survivor's guide: day 39

Last legs that is for sure.  Thank goodness for that.  On the flip side I feel like I may be on my last legs as well :S

Fortunately my family is with me this weekend.  They have been all Disneyed out and are ready for my kind of fun, just relaxing.  I'm good with that.

I still need to try and get some Laura time in though.  I need to know she is okay.  I love my family but with Laura it is different.  It isn't terribly hard for me to go long periods with out seeing my family.  I chat with them occasionally and such but as most of us do we all grow up and leave the nest.  We become individuals from our family and establish ourselves where we can.   It is part of us really.  Yet without Laura this is just the pits.  I miss her.

Fortunately the missing is drawing to an end.  I'll be able to see her once more and we will both be happier and better spouses for it I think.  I know the lessons we have learned could have been done elsewhere and without having us be separated, which I would have preferred, but I am grateful to have learned them.

39 days down, 10 to go!

0 comments: