Tuesday 6 April 2010

Survivor's guide: day 29

Three weeks until I will be picking up my wife and snuggling her again.  Thank goodness for that.

Today my wife had her ultrasound.  They were checking her ovaries to make sure they were okay.  They are happy.  So with both tests down we now know that Her body isn't trying to eat itself alive.  This is a good thing. The bummer thing about it is Laura still as a bit of pain that we don't know the cause of.  It is, as far as I understand, the normal level of pain she has been putting up with.  No new spike of pain since that night so long ago.  I just want her, as does she, free of pain.  At least it looks like she won't have to be staying in the UK longer than what we had planned.

I loved the dinner I had tonight.  Laura hates it so I figures it would be a good idea.  I had my own version of chili mac.  I use bake beans instead of chili.  I like the beans and the flavor.  Laura doesn't really like beans so there we go.  One of the reason she doesn't like her own sloppy joes that I love so much.

So it is obvious, and expected, that I miss my wife.  Today we were able to chat more than yesterday so that was nice.  Still it is hard being with out her.  The house is empty and stale without her presence to brighten it.  I miss her smell.  I sprayed a bit of her perfume on my pillow last night to help me sleep.  It is a smell she wears quite regularly.  Sadly it has faded from her pillow.  It actually eased some of the missing if only a little.

I am quiet excited about the end of Laura's tip drawing near.

29 days down, 20 days to go

0 comments: