Friday 29 January 2010

Lessons learned in a dark hall

Monday my wife had a photo shoot for Decclo.  It went fairly well and you can see all the picture online in various places.  One of my Wife's model's, a friend of hers, stayed the night with her little one. Some stuff ended up in the hall but I didn't think anything of it.  It isn't unusual for some stuff to get left out after a shoot.  Shoes, lights, props, those sort of things get left out and eventually get but away.  Everything did except for a pair of shoes with a tupperware lid.  I knew they were there.  I walked past them every day for most of the week.  I even tried using the lid once, which was too small for the container I was trying to put it one.  What did I do with the lid?  I put it back with the shoes of course.

It was last night when I learned my lesson and I am sure that most of you have guessed a portion of what is going on.  I was really tired and fell asleep a couple of times during a TV show my wife and I were watching.  I was so groggy.  I walked down the hall then remembered I had a great story idea so I walked back into the living room to write down the idea.  By the time I finished my wife was ready for bed.  We turned out all the  lights and I was going to guide her down the hall.  I could in my mind's eyes see all the obstacles littering the hall floor.  My wife, being cute, started using her cell phone as a flash light.  Proving I didn't need the light to see where I was going I promptly walked off away from her and stubbed my toe against the high heeled shoes in the hall.  Muttering and nasty thoughts ran through my mind.  I limped to the bedroom and checked my toe.

It was warm and slimy, and felt as if my toenail had been half ripped off.  I'm pretty sure I turned chalk white but I don't know seeing as a mirror was not around and the wife was too busy laughing at the end of the hall to see.  I walked into the bathroom where I would remove my toenail.  Fortunately when I turned on the light and inspected my toe it was only skin that had been damaged and not the nail.  My wife eventually got her laughing under control and was able to help.

Moral of the story don't leave your shoes in the hall.  On the up side of all this even when I was hurting I didn't blame my wife for what had happened.  I knew it was an accident and it was my fault for not moving the darn things.  Next time I will move the shoes though...

1 comments:

Laura said...

Next time what? Next time you'll blame me? You puke!
You bound off full steam ahead in the pitch black hallway. I couldn't believe you did it.

And I hope the lesson you learned was related to using the lid then putting it back in the hall with the shoes. Weirdo.