Thursday 21 January 2010

Rainy days and Goals

Finally the rain has let up around here.  Can you believe there were tornadoes in Orange County?  I'm not sure what the sizes were but still.  I think some one should have given them better directions to tornado alley, no offence Oklahoma.  It has almost been a constant down pour the past couple of days.  It still looks as if it will rain but it hasn't yet.

Yesterday while I was sitting in class we heard what sound like an explosion that shook the room.  The fact that my school was an old warehouse and all the guts in the ceiling are exposed (because they decided to leave the false ceiling out) added to the scare factor.  That had to have been the largest clap of thunder I had ever heard.  I live about six miles or so from school and my wife said it shook the house as well.  I feel bad for LA cause the weatherman says the storm is moving south.

Yesterday was just a bad day.  Whole thing was off, I don't know why.  You would think that the middle of the week would be a good day but it wasn't.  Maybe it has to do with the exams coming up.  Midterms are right around the corner.  My wife's midterms should be coming up soon as well.  She'll do fine I am sure of it though she probably worries.

Here is hoping for a better day.  So far it is going well.  Odd that for me on a day where I spend all morning among cadavers studying them the day is on the up.  Maybe it is because I am surrounded by people who are definitely having a worse day than me.  I finished reading the book of genesis and I am into exodus know.  Still right on target with my bible reading goal.  I want to try and get it finished before the end of the year.  Also I have made a goal to lose some weight and get into shape.  My wife has taken up the challenge with me of getting into shape.  She found this DVD called "Bollywood Burn" I believe.  We started tuesday with the DVD and while we were laughing at all the funny motions we were making it really worked out the muscles and did bring on a good sweat session.  The moves are really simple and I didn't think that it would do much for me but I feel it today.

I have this book on writing short stories that I am working with.  I really find writing relaxing, I don't know why I have troubles getting into the mood though.  I think it is generating ideas that is my problem.  Also with all my school work it is sometimes very hard to stop thinking about the resting membrane potential of cells and what happens when it is disrupted.  Would you want to read a story about cells?  I don't think so, at least not with the material I have floating about in my head.  I'm sure half of the people reading this blog feel asleep during that last few sentences, with the other half who didn't promptly leaving the page.  My guess is my Wife is part of the sleeping group.  Hopefully she reads this after she gets all her school work done.

My Wife used to have me tell her about something I really liked to but her to sleep.  Like computers.  I would go on about all the cool things I was putting into the computer I was building and before I could finish talking about the first and most important part, the CPU, she would be out.  Of course I felt ridiculous stopping at the CPU so I finished telling her all about it so she could dream about my dream computer.  I have a feeling though she may have smashed it to bits in her dream...

0 comments: