Monday 25 January 2010

Productive Weekend

So I've been keeping up with my three goals I made for the year.  I am quite happy with myself.  Usually by this time I have already given up my resolutions and moved on.

This weekend I finished writing a short story, only a couple of pages long, and did some work on another.  I think it is now approaching the four page mark.  I know it doesn't sound like much but I had a lot of studying for school to squeeze in as well.  I'm working on looking at every situation as a possible story idea.  In fact one just walked up to me.  I'd explain all the details but it would require a lot of back story, which sadly I don't have the time to write just now as I'm trying to get this finished between classes.

Saturday my lovely wife began prepping for a photo shoot she is doing today.  The shoot is to advertise as clothing company a friend is starting up.  The company is Decclo.  The idea is that designers submit a design, which are then voted for.  After the votes come in the most popular in the voting gets printed and sold.  They will only print if they reach 100 votes.  The designer then gets a lump sum of cash for winning and then royalties for every shirt sold.  They've had some hiccups with all the logistics of getting the website up and running proper but they are selling through there blog right now.  Anyways my wife put a lot of time into preparing for the shoot so hopefully the weather plays nice for her.  If it doesn't I know she'll manage.

Midterms are upon us here at school.  My wife has also made it through the halfway mark for her classes.  From here on out for me it is going to be exam after exam.  Well I am away to study for the exams I have this week.  I just hope I do well with them.

0 comments: