Monday 11 January 2010

School and goals

Chiropractic school is back in full swing again.  I love my classes. I have a ton of great professors and I am looking forward to learning from them.  Sadly along with the greats you end up with duds but that is life.  I have one professor that takes fifteen minutes to do a two hour lecture.  Needless to say (But I'll say it anyways) the class is utterly lost in confusion.  Also a separate teacher demands respect but gives none thus creating and maintaining an atmosphere of disharmony.  It is wearing thin even for me.  Just as an example of what is going on during role call (yeah we still do that in professional school) an individual the professor was about to call called out "Here" before the proff called his name.  The proff then tore off a piece of masking tape, I think, handed it over to the student and forced him to put the tape on his mouth.  The proff refused to continue with class until the student did so.  The list of offenses is quiet long as well.  I do have to admit the incident I just referred to was fun albeit embarrassing to the student involved. On a more positive note I have a great group of students I'm going through my courses with.  I look forward to seeing them all succeed in the future.

I've been keeping up with my goals for the year.  I'm even ahead of the curve on reading the bible all the way through.  The language constructs used can make for a vary difficult read.  I sometimes feel as if I am in a whirlpool of words where the same idea or phrases even continue to twirl about my head.  What a very dizzy dance of words but I'm trudging along through it and I will persevere.

I know it may not seem like it with my track record but I really do enjoy reading and writing.  The power to take lines to form words to convey a message, or to take words to paint a landscape never before seen, is awe inspiring.  I do want to get better at the art of language so I truly am trying to get better at this blogging craze.  I do write short stories from time to time as well.  I think they are pretty good but I like keeping them among my close family and friends.  I usually share a rough draft with them and fail to polish the thing up to a point where I feel comfortable sharing with the rest of the world.  Oddly enough though I have this lifetime goal to end up with a published work.  Guess I better start working on the polish to get to that point...

1 comments:

Laura said...

When we were looking at schools to go to I found a lot of people saying "It's a great school but DO NOT work there." The teachers at your school are underpaid and not very happy. That would explain the taping of mouths I think? maybe not but just a teensy bit?