Friday 22 January 2010

First of the flood of exams...

Well to start off I just took my first exam in BioChem.  It was really easy.  It wasn't biochemistry really.  I have a the second test, which will be a take home, to do next week.  It will be easier than the first because it is open notes and open book.  If I can't pass this class with a B I think I need to really reconsider my career path.  Granted a Chiropractor is not a biochemist but if I can't pass a gimme class what the heck am I doing?  I think I would face a mad depression and become a ditch digger.  Sadly that means my wife would be the real bread winner with her graphic design skills while my degree in biology decays away without my using it.  I don't think I would deserve the right to use it, in fact I think I would be forced to give the degree back to my alma mater.  Maybe they ought to refund me for failing me so badly.  Really though digging ditches wouldn't be that bad.  I'd get to use lots of cool toys and I'd be out in the weather.  So long as I wasn't digging ditches in Seattle I'd have a tan that would make the wife jealous.  Also through the use of manual tools I'd end up ripped, with biceps the size of a small child's head and abs you could do your laundry on.  With abs like that I could make a little extra cash by hiring myself out as a washboard.  I'm sure there are people out there that still use washboards, like the Amish.  You know this ditch digging thing is beginning to sound really good...

I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around the fact that I need to study for a harder exam coming up.  The problem is my mind is all abuzz with biomolecules preventing me from focusing.  You may think with the pretty colored balls that chemist use to make pretend biomolecules are cute but I assure you the blasted things won't leave you alone once you start thinking of them.  The incessant buzz is deafening.  Unlike flies you can't spray or swat them away.  I suppose one could try and vent them from the mind through a pressure release like valve, if you have such a thing installed of course, but that would leave the wild things open to attack or infect others and that is just unacceptable.  If any of you become infected from the biomolecules running amok in my brain I apologize right now.

I'm off to see if I can get my mind to settle.  Maybe a relaxing game of zombie bash will do the trick...

0 comments: