Monday 8 February 2010

Scholastic achievements

Big week this week.  My wife is in her final week of her first class of school.  It is really exciting.  My wife will be taking two classes next  next.  I'm really proud of her.  She is doing really well in he classes, much better than she thought she would, and I know she will do just fine with the extra work load when that time comes.  I think my wife is impatiently waiting to get to the classes that pertain directly to graphic design.  I guess over in Scotland they focus more directly on the classes needed to be what ever it is you are studying for.  Here we study what we need along with a bunch of other stuff to make us well rounded.

Valentines weekend sadly is filled with meetings.  It means this Friday the wife and I will be going out to celebrate.  Thanks to our friends over at Decclo our meal is going to be covered at the outback.  I have a surprise gift for her also.  You all have to wait to find out what it is because my wife reads this blog almost religiously and I can't have her finding out what she is getting before that time.  I know she will love it though regardless.  I'm just that good :P

We have friends back in Idaho that are on the final leg of that journey.  Once he graduates he'll be heading off to Podiatry school.  It is really exciting for him and his wife.  It will be another 7 years or so until he is out and working but he will have good job security.  Lets just hope the medical reform doesn't mess too much for all the practitioners out there.  The thing with the health care reform is this: it only really is going to affect insurance takers.  Insurance is what is being affected really at least to my understanding.  This means the Docs all have to play along if they are going to be taking insurance.  If all docs go to money upfront only services then the reform really has no effect.  Of course at that point I believe the free market will be able to operate allowing for some competition between practices which would also effect the prices.  It is a very interesting time and I wonder how it will all turn out.  Things typically work out for the best in the long run, but it is the short run that has me wondering.

0 comments: