Monday 22 February 2010

Crazy fast week

Last week just flew on by.  I had a few tests which kept me busy but I did well on.  On top of that the term is almost over for me thank goodness.  I need that week break.


I want to make more time for writing creatively but I don't know where all my time is going.   I need to manage it better I guess.  I think most of my time is actually spent in traffic.  At least it feels that way.  While I may not have the time I want to write I have been keeping up with my reading of the bible which I am glad of.  I made it into numbers last week.  I think I only have one more book of Moses to finish after this.  In my reading I found the definition (at least to me it is clear cut) of what the writers of the scriptures mean when they say virgin.  I know it seems like a very simple thing but it was suggested to me that what the writers meant when they said virgin was a young woman, regardless of intimate knowledge of the opposite gender or not.  This came up when someone suggested that Christ was made like any other child was with parents "knowing" each other.  In Lev. 21: 13 -14 it is clearly stated that a virgin absent of intimate knowledge of the opposite gender so I have no idea what they were talking about.  I think in Dueteronomy they may also spell it out.  

Also last week it was decided, most grudgingly, that Laura will be going to Scotland for a while.  Bleh!  Neither of us like the idea of being separated but both of us do think it to be the right thing to do.  Again the quantum teleportation device would be nice to have so I could pop over there to see her when ever.  Can we move the build date up to this weekend anybody?  She takes off the second week of March.  Right after our 6th year anniversary.  We are trying to not let that put a dampener on the time we have to spend together until she leaves for two months.  I think Laura is most worried about coming home and finding the house as a pile of rubble with me living in the shed.  She knows I'll be okay, she just doesn't know if I can keep the house okay.  Bummer deal of it is she is leaving the week before finals, and two weeks before my week break.  I don't know what I will be doing.  I think I may use that time to write.  This is of course assuming I can even get myself out of bed.  Don't worry Laura I'll still be around when you get back.  I promise.

As sad as our separation will be I am really excited for her to be able to visit family and the like.  We both miss Scotland and she will get everything done that she needs to over there.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures she will be taking.  

Well back to school and such...


1 comments:

Lindsay said...

i hate that she has to go.. it makes my heart hurt. i'll miss her.... :( but she needs to get her woman junk figured out so i guess we'll just have to do without. i'm so sorry you'll be by yourself on your break!!!! that's gonna be a TOUGH week.. i'll say prayers for you. i heart Laura.