Monday 8 December 2008

Finals Week

It's here, finally. I have a bad feeling about this week. In Rexburg we normally get snow the last week in October and it doesn't melt all away until sometime after April. This year has been different. We had a few flurries but the roads stayed clear and it didn't stick around. We have been pretty much snow free, until today. This morning I awoke to a strange scraping noise. I couldn't think of what it was. To my horror my mind flashed back to last year and all the snow removal and sure enough about a 1/4 inch of snow blanketed the ground. You can't tell me that's not a bad omen of some sort, I mean no snow for ages and the one the start of finals week snow covering the ground, definitely a bad omen. Oh well.
With finals week here we are that much closer to Christmas break. Laura and I will be off to Scotland for Christmas. That will come and go way too fast. But we'll enjoy it without a doubt. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I may be the only person who doesn't dream of a white Christmas...

4 comments:

Laura said...

You're not the only one not dreaming of a white Christmas - I was dreaming of sweet and sour chicken. Not even almost a white Christmas.
I'm hoping the evil white stuff isn't a bad omen. If you flunk this semester we know what to blame... ;) Don't flunk. I'll blame you. :-P

Katie Phillips said...

Dan hates snow, too. He never wishes for a White Christmas, and is never excited to watch the movie 'White Christmas,' either! (That's pretty much my favorite Christmas movie.)Good luck with finals! Don't know if the snow is bad luck, but last year Andrew was walking to one of his classes at BYU and was thinking about how much he loves the snow when he slipped and broke his ankle!!! I personally think snow is mostly a good thing, except for when it makes you cold, blows in your face (which feels like little needles hitting you in the face), and freezes your hair and boogers. (I'm describing Rexburg, did you guess yet?)

Katie Phillips said...

Oh, and I forgot about the many times you almost slip and feel like an idiot, and the few times when you actually do slip and it's right in the middle of the street with a car coming! Yes that happened to me in Rexburg!!

Melinda said...

Good luck with your finals and have fun in Scotland.