Tuesday 9 December 2008

Death by compressed dough!?

So I was making dinner the other day, hard to believe I know but believe it but I'm sure you can use your imagination and if you can't Laura has some images of that final product. I was making chicken half roll-ups, half because of the erroneous dough which nearly lead to my death. I was peeling the paper off the tube and I had barely exposed the blue print that says press here to open when the darn thing exploded, quite literally. The dough was a mess, I yelped because of the loud bang, and Laura ran into the kitchen to rescue me from mortal dough wounds. Laura's really good at patching things up so I'm all good. Laura had a good laugh at me actually, the dough remained in the tube fortunately. I don't know why the tube exploded but I thought it was a rare thing, in fact a one time deal only. So I wasn't expecting the second tube to actually explode on me but I was being careful while opening the second tube anyways. I was wrong. The second exploded and again I yelped. What's the deal with these killer dough tubes? This tainted dough kept the dough from adhering to its self which is why the roll ups only half rolled them up. They still tasted good so all's well that ends well...

3 comments:

Laura said...

You know very well how terrified of those things I am AND you made fun of me every time I brought them to you to open. Now you see!
Although, those bangs were so loud. I really thought you'd been shot. Hahaha.

Melinda said...

I squeal every time I open those too.

Beth Adams said...

Do you remember the story about the woman who got in a car crash and heard a bang during the crash. She reached up where she had bumped her head and felt a mass she thought was part of her brain. When the cops came to check on her and asked how she was she said she thought she was holding her brain in. Turns out it was just part of the Pillsbury dough boy. Her rolls got damaged in the crash and hit her in the head. An experiment replicated on Mythbusters. I guess I have a little more sympathy for her now.