Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas and Stuff

  Well we are here in Scotland for Christmas and it's been a lot of fun so far.  Aside from the malware attack on the laptop.  So I have PC-cillin installed, it came with the laptop, for anti-virus and supposedly spy-ware.  I thought I was protected so I surfed the wonderful world wide web to my hearts content.  Then I got a pop-up telling me my computer was infected, you know the ones that are fake trying to get you to download more malware.  Well I Ignored it and that that was that, I ran one of the anti-spy ware programs I have that does a more intense scouring and I was totally infected.  My real time protection was no good.  So I have spent about a week trying to repair the Laptop because I don't have my OS disks here with me.  Well I was fighting a losing battle, I couldn't get rid of the stubborn thing.  Fortunately my danish brother-in-law had XP available to him and I had my Key so I was able to reinstall the OS and I'm now really protected so that won't be happening again.

   Christmas is here and we've all opened our gifts.  I got some great stuff.  Niels got a wii from Emma (his wife) and she is totally kicking his trash at boxing.  I hope he enjoys it as much as I enjoy mine.  Wii's are lots of fun.  We hope to see Beki soon, Unfortunately she'll not be bringing her kids, bit sad but what can you do?  Merry Christmas to everyone.

1 comments:

Beth Adams said...

I hate it when virus' infect your machine as you are innocently trying to keep up with the world. I'm really glad that dad knows what to do. I bet it's been really fustrating for you.