Thursday 25 October 2007

Clock repairs and Crazy old Ladies...

   This happened awhile ago but for some reason I started thinking about it. after we got back home to Rexburg from the long summer vacation we had several messages to listen to. There were the usual ones from companies trying to sell us something and then there was the few church members inviting us to activities several were from people informing me which time the guys were getting together to play Saturday morning football and how they look forward to seeing me there and then there were about three or so from this older woman inquiring about clock repairs. This wouldn't be nearly as funny if our message on the machine was the factory built in one stating "Leave a massage after the beep" in some weird computer generated voice. Ours states whom you are calling and that we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Yet that did not prevent this older woman from calling us and accusing us of failing to properly repair her clock. Once on all its own probably wouldn't have been funny, but it happened three times. Three times this lady heard the machine identify the number she was calling as a private resident and three times she left a message stating her varying moods when she called and her disappointment for not having her clock fixed. I never did call the lady to explain to her that she was calling my apartment and not a place of business but I figured if she didn't believe me when I said who I was on a voice recording that she probably would just yell at me for not fixing her clock. I of course feel sorry for the repair shop when that lady finally does get the right number cause she'll accuse them of the most hideous customer service but by the time we got back form vacation I have no idea how old that last message was as our time stamp doesn't work properly on the answering machine. Oh well... I hope she got it all figured out.  I'll try and get sound clips posted later...

0 comments: