Wednesday 14 January 2009

School and Car troubles...

First off I'm not a car guy, I'm just a guy with a car and car troubles...


So we got back from Scotland and I was worried about all the snow that was going to be covering my car. To my pleasant surprise Most of the snow was melted off the roads and my car. It was great. I ran around picked stuff up for school and that was that for the next 3 days. Sunday we were getting ready to leave for church, everyone else already had, and as I turned the key I heard a click and everything went dead. No dashboard, no clock, no automated door locks, nothing at all worked. The battery had given up the ghost. So we didn't make it to church cause walking would have been too hard on Laura's back in the freezing weather and it is about a 10 minute walk. Monday I got a new battery only to find that everything holding my old dead battery was rusted tight. So I just removed the cable terminals from the battery terminals and waited till Tuesday to do all the hard work. It took my a lot of time to get past the stupid rust and get the battery all cleaned up and such. I finally did get the new battery in but the negative cable terminal had rusted through and snapped in half so today I had to get a new one and attach it to the negative cable. Three days for a battery replacement. That was dumb. Oh well the car works now, here's hoping it stays that way for a long while.

So I've been having to juggle car repair around school and I'm glad this semester isn't as hard as I thought it would be. Its a 14 credit hour semester for me thank goodness. I decided that Chiropractics is the life for me when watching my sister in law remove her false tooth sent shivers up and down my spine. I really don't understand it. I've seen plenty of dental procedure images. No problem. Apparently the real deal gets to me though and I've become rather interested with chiropractics now so that is that. I'm looking at a school on the west coast. Pacific Ocean how I have missed thee...

4 comments:

Hilary said...

There's a good chiropractic school in PORTLAND!

Stuart said...

Really? I didn't know that :P. Actually that one is under a good deal of consideration...

Laura said...

Mmm yes. I hope the Genie keeps living for a lot longer too. Maybe you should have rubbed the battery to get a few wishes out of it?

I'm also missing the Pacific Ocean. Lets live by it.

Danielle said...

I'm glad you got your car to work again!! Also it would be way cool if you got to go back to the west coast. Best place ever!!