Thursday 29 January 2009

My wife is the Best...


So yesterday I had a bit of trouble when I couldn't find my jump drive (which happened to be around my neck the whole time)  I looked all over.  I thought I had droppedit in the snow which would have been really bad because the Jump Drive is white.  On top of that it has everything I need for school on it and life in general.  I was, needless to say, distressed.  Laura made me lunch that day so I was able to enjoy that while walking home slowly retracing my steps to see if I had dropped it in the snow.  It's normally a 15 min walk from my house to school.  It was a bit longer and it was really cold.   Laura had hot chocolate waiting for me and laughed only a little when I found my jump drive.  I had to go back to school, but I really didn't want to walk through the snow again.  It was a long day yesterday.  When I got home from school finished for the day at 4pm Laura suggested we play MarioKart Wii while dinner was finishing up.  I went to the window sill to get the game and found hidden in the stack ROCK BAND 2!!!  It was fantastic!  The game is awesome but I was just content holding it in my hands knowing Laura got it for me.  She had ordered it earlier in the week but it arrived yesterday and the timing couldn't have been better.  Now if I can just focus on my studying for the exams I have coming up...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yaaay! WOOT WOOT for me!

Danielle said...

Awesome awesome! I would totally waste all my time on that thing :) Haha glad you found your jump drive silly!

Beth Adams said...

I'm so glad you an Laura take care of each other. What a nice way to releave some tension at test time and one more game to play together!!! Sorry you got my absent minded gene. It really sucks sometimes.

Melinda said...

That's a great story. It's one of those you tell your kids years later, but by then the snow is twice as deep and your trek is up hill both ways. And if your absentmindedness gets any worse (as it usually does with age) as you retell the story years from now, you will forget that it was a story about loosing your jumpdrive. Of course, by then a jumpdrive will be ancient technology. So I guess it all works out.

I'm glad you have such a great wife. She's a hoot.