Monday 6 August 2007

In case you ever needed to know the time in the UK whilst in orbit...


A few days ago we were driving around in England and we came across a most interesting site. A huge garden clock. It wasn't just for show either cause as we were driving back the time changed on the clock face. I was wonder who on earth needed a clock that large. That is when it occurred to me that the individuals in charge of maintaining that clock were actually making sure the astronauts and other space creatures knew what time it was Greenwich standard. How helpful because I know for certainty when I get lost in space I will always want to be able to figure out what time it is around the world that I got lost from...

1 comments:

Tamara said...

I wish I was lost in space today, looking down at that clock, because we were trying to figure out what time it was in Scotland and what you would be doing, but without that clock, we knew nothing.