Tuesday 7 August 2007

Big Shrimps and Kites





My father-in-law went to the farmers market a few days ago and came home with a most ugly surprise. Hew brought home to creatures of the water with a most horrible complexion. These things were hideous in nature. They were grayish and had protruding eyes. Long feelers that were floppy out of the water. These things were gross with there little eyes and pointed face. They were at least six inches in length and looked like they would have loved to rip right through you that is how vicious they looked. He proceeded to cook them and I will attach their most hideous forms below. This image is not for the faint of heart, those who may be pregnant or may become pregnant, or small children. You have been warned, proceed at your own risk.

Right look at those bugs :P. Okay so I can't remember the name but they look like giant shrimp. The two of them take up nearly all the newspaper. They were very tasty as well. They tasted a lot like crab or lobster. Today we bought some kites and I took my nephew Cameron out to go fly them. It was good fun but the kite had to be adjusted due to poor design.



The darn thing kept on folding in on itself but after a wee tie up we got it up in the air as you can see. Long enough for me to get some good shots anyways.

















Aside from kites I also purchased a shirt to wear along with my kilt. What a fantastic day :D...


1 comments:

Laura said...

He really is the cutest little guy... Cameron, that is.
The big shrimps are called Langestien's - More like Frankensien's! Pah!