Saturday 31 October 2009

My Wife the Martian...

I don't know if you've seen the movie "Martian Child" but if you haven't you should. It is a really good flick. In the movie there is a scene where John Cusack is with the the little boy who is supposedly a Martian proving he is an alien by tasting colors. So John has the little boy close his eyes and eat different colored M&M's telling him which color he has eaten. The boy gets every color right. I'm not stupid, I know it was scripted. Shortly after watching that film the wife and I were at the movies and I of course had to try this out. She guess all of the colors correctly. I thought it was funny and remarkably against the odds. Well I did it again tonight with my wife having her eat different colored "Kissables" seeing as we lacked M&M's. I did this about seven times and she correctly named each color that was in her mouth. I'm blown away and now convinced that she is in fact a Martian.


I knew she was an alien, she is from outside the United States. I didn't know that she was indeed from mars though. Not surprising really. It explains a lot of things actually. She is totally impressive and I am now convinced she has super powers. What I thought were superb skills can actually be attributed to her powers. The way she can always find my lost whatever (mostly keys), keep the house clean without any real effort, lightning wits and so forth. I thought for the longest she was just hiding my keys so she could look impressive but it now appears that she truly is impressive and I was really losing my keys. And yes that is the closest I'll get to admitting I'm wrong. Well I'm off to bed and praying that now I've discovered her secret life she'll not develop a taste for brains or some other vital organ of mine. I'd hate to be dead, I've grown rather fond of her alien or no...

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'd appreciate it if you'd capitalise "Mars" next time you refer to my home planet. Thank you.

Megan said...

All this talk of Mars makes me crave European chocolate.

Oh, and I'm not surprised Laura's a Martian. I always knew she was "special."

Stuart said...

I knew she was "special" too I just didn't realize how much :S

Lindsay said...

It's true... we used to be neighbors there... she NEVER had silt rock for me to borrow.... or as you guys call it, butter. i'm sure glad i found her.. what are the odds we are on the same planet now!!?

Laura said...

Just because you're here doesn't mean you're *here*...